Congratulations! You’ve welcomed your newest bundle of joy and the next phase of your life as a parent starts now. You’ve spent the last 9 months making sure you have everything you could possibly think of that might make this transition as easy as possible for both you and your new baby, but there are really very few things you’ll need in those beginning days. We’ve made it easier for you by compiling some of our must-haves for newborn life!
by Alina Martin for North Kinder
Soft and cuddly Jellycat item: the world of Jellycat is plentiful, but one thing is for sure, their soft stuffed animals and security blankets are steps above the rest. Keep one close by to entertain during those wake windows!
Haakaa Silicone Breast Pump: if you do decide to breastfeed, this will be your best friend. Keep it close to use on the breast that isn’t feeding to collect that precious letdown – liquid gold!
Snuggle Me Organic: it can be hard to find a quiet and safe space to put baby down during wake-time, the Snuggle Me Organic makes it easy for you and babe and anyone else who may need a snuggle break.
Nice and gentle baby wash and lotion: there are many on the market, but we love Attitude Living’s unscented, sensitive natural baby wash and lotion! Formulated to help soothe and soften, Attitude’s product is a must for that fresh and new baby skin.
Beluga Baby carrier or wrap: sleep when the baby sleeps is the advice you may have heard from some of your friends and family but let’s be honest, when the baby sleeps we want to get things done! The Beluga Baby wrap has been helping parents with exactly that by strapping the sleeping baby right onto you for years – a true lifesaver!
- Oogiebear: you may be thinking, why do I need this?! It can be used to both safely clean baby’s ears and nose and will be so helpful in cleaning them out if and when they have something blocking their tiny little nostrils – you won’t regret grabbing one of these.
- Fawn Design diaper bag: fashionable AND functional, the Fawn Design diaper bag combines style, comfort and ease. A diaper bag is something you’ll be carrying around for a few years – so why not make a fashion statement with it?!
- Safe and functional carseat, the Clek Liing: Clek as a company truly sets the standard for car seat safety, and their infant car seat is a step above the rest. With a simple and secure installation, you’ll be sure your babe is safe and sound during those early days when you just want to get out of the house for a minute.
- A good quality diaper: we love Hello Bello for their cute and fun designs, comfortable fit and their no-brainer subscription model. It can be hard to stay prepared in those 4th trimester days, a monthly diaper delivery is sure to keep you stocked and on top of the daily blowouts you might be experiencing.
- A cozy and fashionable take home outfit: there’s nothing like the first outfit for your babe – the one you’ll cherish forever, the one you’ll take all the photos in and the one that will look SO tiny compared to their new clothes year after year. At North Kinder, you’ll be sure to get eco-friendly clothing with a modern aesthetic and you’ll be at ease knowing your brand-new baby is coming home in something ethically made (just like them!)
With a life full of decisions ahead, we hope this list made things a little bit easier on yourself as a new parent. You’re just getting ready to embark on the best adventure of your life, you don’t want to worry about embarking on the adventure of the world of baby items. It can be easily overwhelming walking the aisles of your nearest baby or department store but have no fear, the team at North Kinder is here to bring you all of the information you need along the way.